Thanks so much for the responses to my post about my various Scott/Stiles fics in the making. I think number 1 is the one I’m more likely to finish first, but I’ve queued up 3 and 6 for next-up.
it’s finally that time! signups for the sciles reversebang are now open.
ARTIST SIGNUPS CLOSE: APRIL 4TH
AUTHOR SIGNUPS CLOSE: MAY 1ST
please put the dates in your calendar, but don’t worry, there will be reminder posts.
artists will need to submit (1-3) pieces of artwork by APRIL 27TH. art must be 400x600 px minimum. accepted pieces include digital or traditional drawings, gifsets, graphics or fanvideos (of at least 30s). art CANNOT be posted anywhere prior to the posting dates.
authors will need to submit 5k of beta’d fic based on the claimed art. rough drafts are due JUNE 22ND
more details about claims will be discussed closer to that date.
posting begins JULY 11TH
My favourite thing was a bunch of people made a giant sign that said “How am I going to be an octopus about this?” and held it up during Pompeii at all the right times and it distracted me enough to sing ‘octopus’ instead by accident.
These are the Scott/Stiles fics I have parts of. (I have parts of some more than others). Anyone got any preferences as to what I should attempt to finish first?
1. The Killer in Me is the Killer in You - shortish pwp about fall-out from the Nogitsune. Plus, werewolf Stiles. Actually shows the switching rather than merely eluding to it. Angsty, but with a happy/hope-filled ending.
2. Find Home in the Smallest of Rooms - shortish character piece about going to stay at the beach for a week. Also pseudo-sub/Dom (not as negotiated as it should be), with Stiles in the dominant role. Quietly angsty, hopeful ending.
3. We Mortal Millions Live Alone - medium-length fic in which Scott’s true Alphadom comes with powers no one predicted he could have (though Deaton had heard whispers), and suddenly he’s able to hear people’s thoughts. But he isn’t able to control it. A combination of humour and angst. Happiest of endings.
4. A 5 + 1 PWP Negotiated kink-fic where Scott’s really into the idea of knotting.
5. Internalize - a short character study regarding Scott and his balance of self-hatred/sense of hopelessness/optimism/belief.
6. Everything’s a Memory with Strings that Tie to You - Long (over 30,000 words probably, which for me is epic) - Stiles touches a crystal that a) transports him to a parallel world and b) gives him temporary AMNESIA. But he meets alterna!Scott and they really, really hit it off. Angst out the wazoo. Bittersweet ending, I think? (But fuck bittersweet endings.) This is the fic I have the most and yet somehow also the least of.
7. Untitled medium-length fic. In this fic, Scott’s the one with AMNESIA, because of Deucalion. (Can you tell this was conceived pre-3A?) Dub-con Scott coming onto Stiles and Stiles being unnerved, but turned on.
The thing about Pacific Rim for me, though
after Mako Mori and the glorious colour palette and that delightful uplifting score
is the unflinching optimism of it all
the idea that my generation, and the next, and the one after would look giant monsters in the eye and face the end of our world as we know it and respond with “you know what? giant robots”
and that the world would come together to face the monsters at the door
that the film holds no human villains
that the heroes aren’t just pretty white American boys, but also an unflinching black London marshal, and three fierce Chinese brothers and a tiny Japanese woman with a heart of folded steel
I don’t know, man, having grown up with dystopian films about the world turning to shit and it all being the fault of humanity (and don’t get me wrong, I love some of those movies, but wow, they wear you down) having a stubbornly optimistic film about stubborn, brave heroines and heroes really does something to really raise me up